WHO CAN APPLY FOR YOUTH SCIENCE CONFERENCE?
Toggle content goes here, click edit button to change this text.
Young scientists, faculty members, post-doctoral fellows, PhD scholars and bright final year MSc and B-Tech students. Persons from Scientific Industry can also participate. The age limit is 45 years as on 5 November, 2019.
Participation in YSC
The participation in this Young Scientists’ Conference (YSC) will be considered in two following ways:
- Delegates can be nominated by the Head of the Institutions such as Director, Vice Chancellors and Head of the Divisions of the Universities, Dean Faculty etc. Then the nominated delegates would register online and upload the letter of approval issued by their authority in due time. They can submit abstracts if they want to present their work or showcase the Institutional activities. In such cases, the abstracts submitted by the nominated delegates will not be shortlisted further.
- Delegates can also register online. They can submit abstracts during the registration. The submitted abstracts would be shortlisted by the scientific committee and a confirmation mail along with acceptance message for the abstract will be sent to the registered e-mail ID of the registrant.
Registration is a two-step procedure. First, the applicant has to register for IISF and would obtain a delegate ID. Using that delegate ID, the applicant will choose a particular event in YSC and complete registration process. Now the applicant is registered and will have the profile page for all future communications. Now, the registrant can upload abstract in their profile page and upload the necessary documents from time to time by logging in to this profile page.
The interested delegates should submit their abstract online in due date. They will get an autogenerated response mail after submission. Please don’t treat this mail as the acceptance of the abstract. Delegates would receive an acceptance message and confirmation mail after the final due date of abstract submission. In the confirmation mail their mode of presentation as oral or poster will be mentioned properly. Abstracts will be expected only in the line of the themes given.
Merely registration does not ensure the participation. An acceptance mail from the organizer would be sent to both nominated and direct candidates after the completion of the screening of the abstracts. The registrants are required to submit their travel itinerary in the profile page within one week of the receipt of acceptance mail. Once the itinerary is obtained, a confirmation mail will be sent. In case of registrants, who are local and don’t have itinerary, there will be an option to mention “local” in the profile page and only then confirmation mail will be sent. In case of outstation participants, organizer can’t assure their participation and can’t arrange logistics without itinerary.
There are few travel supports for PhD scholars, Post Doctoral Fellows and young faculty members. Priorities would be given for those who don’t have any funding opportunities. Write a mail to email@example.com mentioning the title of your abstract & delegate ID. Please write as “TRAVEL SUPPORT FOR YSC-2019, IISF” in the subject of the e-mail. Please also attach a recommendation letter from your Supervisor or Head of the Institution. If any malpractice is observed, prompt action will be taken.
Status of the Delegates & Other Information
Status of the delegates will be displayed at the website. Accommodation details will be sent through messages/App. Please visit the website www.scienceindiafest.org for more details and latest updates.
- Registration open: 15 September, 2019
- Abstract submission start date: 15 September, 2019
- Last date for abstract submission: 6 October, 2019
- Registration closed: 6 October, 2019
- Abstract acceptance information to the participants: 10 October, 2019
- Itinerary information: 15 October, 2019
- Accommodation status: 1 November, 2019